Westside Global Awareness K-8 Magnet’s Statement of Purpose is based on the core beliefs that:
- All students have a right to a quality education that is driven by the California Standards.
- All students sharpen critical thinking skills and habits in all core curricular areas.
- All students achieve an awareness of their own potential in this changing world.
- All students develop essential understandings that enable them to act responsibly in all aspects of their lives.
- All students develop into citizens who possess the abilities to meet present and future challenges in a diverse global society.
- All students learn and practice essential skills within a safe learning community.
- All students, as they culminate, are prepared for success in high school, college and their professional career choices.